Fifth post from the ODK Discussion Series. Participate using the link below.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Marc Abbyad <m...@medicmobile.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 13:28:56 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Incorporating ODK components into existing toolset
To: ODK Community <opendata...@googlegroups.com>

Hi all,

I am the product manager at Medic Mobile, a nonprofit technology
company that builds and deploys mHealth tools for communities around
the world. Using ODK we were able to quickly build an Android app that
health workers can use in some of the most rural places on earth.
Health workers use the app to register people into health programs,
screen for high-risk pregnancies, submit stock reports, report disease
outbreaks, and more. I'm excited to share the story of how we got
there.

I was fortunate to meet Gaetano at the ICTD 2013 conference in Cape
Town, South Africa. Our team had been designing tools for basic phones
so that we could reach people with the lowest common denominator
platform. Android phones were become more prevalent for our target
users, so I was keen to chat with the ODK folks from UW showcasing the
new ODK 2.0. The next-generation ODK had promising features for our
users - most notably visualizing data on mobile devices, which could
enable real time, data-driven adaptations to service delivery.

Gaetano hinted, not so subtly, that we should be using ODK. We did not
want to reinvent the wheel, but from what we could tell at the time
the first generation ODK seemed already in the process of being
replaced, and ODK 2.0 was still very much in Alpha....

Read more at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/opendatakit/qJU25truOGk