Hi Everyone,

For the past few years I have offered summer internships to a handful of
outstanding students at the Design Technology Lab (DTL)
(http://sites.nyuad.nyu.edu/dtl/) in NYU Abu Dhabi. We are based out of Abu
Dhabi and we work actively in multiple countries including UAE, Ghana,
Bangladesh, and India. If you would like to work on an exciting ICTD project
with us over summer, this could be an interesting opportunity.

Attached is a brief job description.

Cheers,
Jay Chen

DTL Summer 2015 Internship Job Description:

The Design Technology Lab (DTL) is looking for graduate student interns for the
summer of 2015. We are looking for students with good engineering skills, an
eye for design, and a strong interest in field work.

The range of possible project areas are broad and include:
- Networking and networked systems
- Specific systems or interfaces for applications in education, finance, and
health, and agriculture
- Large-scale data analysis, mining, and interactive visualization

Requirements:
- B.S./B.A. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or closely related
field
- Facility in C/C++, Python, Java and/or analysis tools like Matlab

Depending on your summer schedule, the internship will run from 12-14 weeks.
This is a paid internship.
Only students who are eligible to work in the UAE should apply.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to
nyuad....@gmail.com<mailto:nyuad....@gmail.com> with the subject: “DTL Summer
Intern”.

The deadline to apply is March 5, 2015.

The Design Technology Lab is a multidisciplinary research center at NYU Abu
Dhabi (UAE). Our mission is to design technologies that positively impact
people’s lives. Within ICTD, our goal is to bring services to rural communities
including: access to education, finance, health, and information services in
rural areas. The DTL draws from a broad multidisciplinary expertise available
at the Center for Technology and Economic Development (CTED), NYU, and NYU
Polytechnic Institute in economics, computer science, engineering, and design.