Hi Everyone,

Volker Wulf, a professor of Information Systems and New Media at the
University of Siegen, will be visiting the iSchool early next week. He will
be giving two talks, one at the iSchool on Monday afternoon (3:30 – 4:30 pm)
on grounded design and one at Change on Tuesday mid-day (12:00 – 12:50 pm)
on his work in the Arab world.  See below for details.

Volker will be available for individual meetings on *Monday (Dec. 5)
from 11:00 – 3:00* and *Tuesday (Dec 6) from 1:30 – 5:00*.

If you would like to meet with Volker, please reply to me with a few times
when you're available.  We'll do our best to accommodate everyone.

All best,

Nick

============================

*Grounded Design: A Practice-based Approach to the Design and Use of IT
Artefacts*

December 5th, 2016

3:30 – 4:30 pm

Odegaard 220

Presentation will be streamed for those unable to attend in person:
https://uw-ischool.zoom.us/j/640495440

*On the Ground in the Arab World: Understanding Social Media Use in Events
of Political Unrest*

December 6th, 2016

12:00 - 12:50 pm

The Allen Center CSE 203

*Biography*

Volker Wulf is a professor of Information Systems and New Media at the
University of Siegen, Germany. He is also the Managing Director of the
School of Media and Information (iSchool) at the University of Siegen. His
research interests lie primarily in the area of IT design in real-world
contexts. This includes the development of innovative applications in the
domains of cooperation systems, social media, knowledge management, and
community support. One special focus lies on flexible software architecture
which can be adapted by end-users. Further research looks at methods of
user-oriented software development and introduction and appropriation
processes. Most of Volker Wulf’s more than 250 publications have been
internationally peer-reviewed. These include also his books “Expertise
Sharing: Beyond Knowledge Management“ and “Social Capital and Information
Technology“, (both with MIT Press, Cambridge MA) and “End User
Development“(Springer, Dordrecht).