---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Frankie O'Rourke <frank...@uw.edu>
Date: Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 7:00 PM
Subject: [dub] Research volunteers for Impact Innovation Challenge
To: <d...@dub.washington.edu>

Hello all!

Looking for research volunteers to help develop problem statements for a
spring social-good hackathon. Here's more info:

Impact++, UW's tech for social good RSO, is hosting the Impact Innovation
Challenge on May 4th, a social impact hackathon addressing the issues of
homelessness
& housing and healthcare & safety.  The event will focus on
developing solutions to the challenges faced by Seattle organizations that
are actively working to resolve these issues.

Research volunteers are responsible for researching these issues and
compiling problem statements for event attendees.  We are looking for
communicative team members who care about:

- engaging with community organizations
- listening, trusting others' experiences, and asking questions to learn
- recognizing privilege, sharing airspace, and valuing equity
- learning, growing, and collaborating with empathy, humility, and no savior
complex

More details and interest form:
https://www.google.com/url?q=http://tinyurl.com/SIHRG2019&sa=D&ust=1551741320312000&usg=AFQjCNEysQVvQqxaNpCaYBh39E9Y7Luq4Q

If you're interested or have any questions/feedback, please email me or
reach out by submitting the interest form.

--
*Frankie O'Rourke*
Paul G. Allen School of Computer Science and Engineering