Interested in making a little extra cash for a few hours of app development? If
so, then read on!

Job description: We are a group of pediatricians at the University of
Washington, collaborating with clinicians in Uganda to develop a mobile health
decision support tool for the diagnosis of pneumonia in children in
low-resource settings in sub-Saharan Africa. Pneumonia is a major killer of
children <5 in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs). Our ultimate goal is
to create a free, adaptable, locally relevant app to improve the diagnosis and
management of childhood pneumonia and reduce childhood mortality in LMICs.

We are seeking an Android developer with an interest in coding for social good
to build upon an existing prototype app developed by HCDE students in 2018.

Time commitment: Minimal. A few hours per week for a few weeks with
opportunities for a bigger role and more involvement if interested.

Primary responsibilities for this position are building upon the existing
prototype in order to add functionality in preparation for usability,
feasibility, and acceptability trials with providers in the clinical setting in
Uganda, occurring September 2019. After this initial work is complete, you have
the opportunity to continue working on the project. Responsibilities would then
include development of a backend database and logging system to manage data
from future field testing.

We are looking for an eager student interested in user experience and app
development for low-resource settings. There are opportunities to interface
virtually with the end users in Uganda.

Required skills: Android development experience, UI design experience.

Desired skills: Experience with SQL or variants, familiarity with user
studies/RCTs

Funding: We have funding to pay part time for a UW student. Inquire for details!

Interested? Reply to this email! lell...@uw.edu

Laura E Ellington, MD

FELLOW - PEDIATRIC PULMONARY AND SLEEP MEDICINE

Seattle Children's Hospital - University of Washington School of Medicine

206-987-1812  OFFICE

206-469-4852  PAGER

206-987-2639  FAX

OFFICE    4800 Sand Point Way NE

MAIL      M/S OC.7.720, PO Box 5371, Seattle, WA 98105

WEB
www.seattlechildrens.org<http://seattlechildrens.org/%22%20%5Co%20%22http://seattlechildrens.org/>