Hi Sahil --

Sorry for the delayed response.  A good starting point for Polly-based
study of Chapel might be our ports of the PRK Stencil benchmark which
lives in this directory:

https://github.com/chapel-lang/chapel/tree/master/test/studies/prk/Stencil

I'm suggesting this one because my understanding is that stencils are ripe for polyhedral optimization as in systems like Polly, because it's fairly
simple, and because it's a community benchmark (see more about the PRK
suite here:

        https://github.com/ParRes/Kernels

).

Best of luck with your GSoC application,
-Brad