Hi -

Regarding this question about distributed associative:

    >When you say it did not make it to master, do you mean that currently
    >this feature is not publically available anywhere?

    I believe we have a prototype in our test/ directory, though the latest
    version of it may be on a developer branch that hasn't been merged.  Let
    me check on that and have one of us get back to you.  It's kind of
    ridiculous how long it's lived in limbo, 90% done (where I can say that
    because I'm responsible for most of that delay).

It can be found here:

https://github.com/chapel-lang/chapel/tree/master/test/distributions/bradc/assoc

(that's test/distributions/bradc/assoc in a git checkout). The module actually
implementing it is UserMapAssoc.chpl and the rest of that directory you
might view as examples.

I was the last one to work on it & I got it more fully featured than it was
before,
but I didn't quite get past the finish line of getting it to modules/dist. The
main missing piece there is API review (since moving the file is obviously
trivial).

I don't believe it currently supports bulk index (or key+value) addition,
but it probably should. Nonetheless it is tested regularly and offers
at least basic functionality.

Cheers,

-michael