Karen Olson will be on The Mark Steiner Show on WYPR (88.1 FM or
www.wypr.org ) on Monday at 1 p.m. to talk about her new book: "Wives of
Steel: Voices of Women from the Sparrows Point Steelmaking
Communities."  Karen is a professor at Dundalk Community College (or is
it now officially the Dundalk Campus of the Community College of
Baltimore County), and she lives next door to me on the 3000 block of
Guilford Ave.

I got a copy of the book after Mary Washington recommended it to me, but
I have not yet had a chance to read it.  It appears to be quite
interesting, and I know that Karen has done a lot of research (including
for her Ph. D. thesis) on the Dundalk / Turners Station / Sparrows Point
community.

If you miss the program, you can listen to it online any time for about
2 weeks after it airs.

Steve.