I got this message from our friends next door.
  Regina

Note: forwarded message attached.

---------------------------------
Building a website is a piece of cake.
--- Begin Message ---
Just wanted you to pass the word on to everyone in the house.  A young
 girl (early 20s) was riding her bike on the side walk across the street
 from the Schnapp Shop when a group of young boys (9-12 year olds)
 punched her in the face. This was last Friday.

Then today we ran into Rory and JW (they live on the corner of 28th and
 Calvert St) - they informed us yesterday at 10:50PM right next to Matt
 and Jules (the house with the large elevated back deck right behind
 you) house on St. Paul their neighbor was assaulted by a group of young
 men aged 16-18 no reason. He was working on his front yard when they
 approached him.

Please be careful - it appears that the gang initiation has started for
 both the young and older groups of boys in the neighborhood.  Also
 time of day does not appear to be only during the night or evening for
 these assaults - several people have reported being harassed early in the
 morning on the way to their parked cars to go to work.

Also it is not only females with this most lastest attack on St. Paul.
  The nice man at the Schnapp Shop that the police had informed him to
 tell everyone to be aware of their surrounds and not to walk alone
 (male or female) or with headphones on.

Oh, what a lovely hot summer - I can't wait for a good cold winter.

Sorry for the downer news but just want to keep you informed and aware
 - better to be safe than sorry. Especially after you have already had a
 run in with future thugs.