Judy,

I use Speakeasy DSL too.  When I did comparison shopping
years ago, Speakeasy gave a better deal than Verizon.  These days,
I hear Verizon's DSL has improved, and it is cheaper than Speakeasy.
However, Speakeasy has good service.  The few times I've called,
I've never struggled to reach a knowledgeable tech support person.

I just checked the Verizon DSL website, and I was annoyed to find
that they give only their discount rates for the first year of
service.  In the fine print below, it reads "Rate increases after
first year."  And you also have to get Verizon voice service.

I haven't tried to comparison shop lately, in part because
I'm reluctant to switch and have to talk to an idiot in
first line tech support.

--Emil