Hello, neighbors,

I'm sorry to see two businesses in the neighborhood have folded.

Two Sisters Grille seems to have suddenly vanished.  There's
no sign posted, and their number is disconnected.  Does anybody
know what happened?  Kathleen and I had Sunday brunch there
several times, and business seemed good when we were there.

The stationery store Signatures, by the Village Lofts, has also closed.
I noticed a sign for a clearance sale, and then they were gone.
It was a nice little shop, and I did buy cards there a few times.
However, I wondered if stationery alone could sustain a business.
Some of you may remember the Shops at Homewood, run by
Marty Brock.  She had a combination store that had garden supplies,
gifts, as well as stationery.  That looked viable to me.  Marty always
said that the stationery sold pretty well.  It's too bad the fiasco
over the Olmstead means that she'll probably never get her
business back.  (When the Olmstead was built, she was supposed
to get affordable store rental space.)

--Emil