Christine,

Let me answer your questions in the order you asked them:

According to the City web site, http://www.baltimorecity.gov/government/dpw/recycle/bins.php , a limited number of lids for the yellow recycling cans are available at 111 Kane St. (across from Patterson High School) Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. for $3 each. I have not been there yet to get lids, but it seems to me that if I am going to keep a recycling can behind my house to hold recycling between pickups as I would like to do, then I ought to have a lid on the can. Yesterday, I asked David Hill about having CVCBD buy lids to resell at cost, and he said that he would look into it. Previously, he had told me that CVCBD would get lids when they became available. I may go to Kane St. next week to try to get lids for my 2 cans. But the City does not require lids on the recycling cans, and there are no lids for the bins. Some people have drilled holes in the bottom of the cans (the bins have holes already) in order to let water drain out of the cans when it rains.

It is unfortunate that the yellow recycling cans are an odd size for which lids are not available at hardware stores. But if, as I expect, the City goes to its planned one plus one trash removal system on July 1 (one pickup each week of mixed refuse from a 65 gallon trash can to be provided to each household by the City, and one recycling pickup each week, with a sizable cost saving for the City), then one can also label the old plastic trash cans as recycling (the City has bumper stickers available that you can put on the cans to so label them), and those cans hopefully have lids.

The City most emphatically does not want you to use plastic bags for recycling. They say that plastic bags should be recycled at the stores that take them for recycling. Also, I find that I need plastic bags for cat poop, and you probably need them for your dog's poop.

Electronic stuff (that actually contains a lot of toxic substances) can be dropped off at the Sisson Street transfer station (on the west side of Sisson between 28th and 29th Streets, basically at the bottom of the hill before you get to the JFX) any time that that transfer station is open. Generally, that means Monday through Saturday, and you can look online on the City web site for the hours (summer and winter hours are not the same). Regular trash and recycling can also be dropped off there. About once every 6 months, you can drop other hazardous waste off at Poly.

Steve.

Christine Gray wrote:

Would someone clarify the trash/recycling pickup.

I finally bought both a yellow trash container and a yellow recycling bin.

I thought trashcans had to have lids/covers, yet the one I bought and the ones I've seen do not have covers. What does "one" do?

Also, are the items that are in the yellow recycling bins in plastic bags or not

Finally, does Poly still have a drop-off place for recycling old televisions and computer items?

Thank you,

Christine Gray
__._,_.___
Messages in this topic <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CVCBDQuad4/message/541;_ylc=X3oDMTMzOW5rZ3FwBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE5MzE2Njg2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTQ5NzQ0OQRtc2dJZAM1NDIEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxMjM3NjM1MjA3BHRwY0lkAzU0MQ--> (2) Reply (via web post) <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CVCBDQuad4/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJwMThvbnVtBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE5MzE2Njg2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTQ5NzQ0OQRtc2dJZAM1NDIEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDcnBseQRzdGltZQMxMjM3NjM1MjA3?act=reply&messageNum=542> | Start a new topic <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CVCBDQuad4/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJmajZxbGI0BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE5MzE2Njg2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTQ5NzQ0OQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzEyMzc2MzUyMDc-> Messages <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CVCBDQuad4/messages;_ylc=X3oDMTJmN2E0ajZsBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE5MzE2Njg2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTQ5NzQ0OQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNtc2dzBHN0aW1lAzEyMzc2MzUyMDc-> | Files <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CVCBDQuad4/files;_ylc=X3oDMTJnMzI3cW1vBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE5MzE2Njg2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTQ5NzQ0OQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNmaWxlcwRzdGltZQMxMjM3NjM1MjA3> | Photos <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CVCBDQuad4/photos;_ylc=X3oDMTJmbmNmb3RlBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE5MzE2Njg2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTQ5NzQ0OQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNwaG90BHN0aW1lAzEyMzc2MzUyMDc-> | Links <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CVCBDQuad4/links;_ylc=X3oDMTJndWJxaWw4BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE5MzE2Njg2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTQ5NzQ0OQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNsaW5rcwRzdGltZQMxMjM3NjM1MjA3> | Database <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CVCBDQuad4/database;_ylc=X3oDMTJkbWFtMzFwBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE5MzE2Njg2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTQ5NzQ0OQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNkYgRzdGltZQMxMjM3NjM1MjA3> | Polls <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CVCBDQuad4/polls;_ylc=X3oDMTJncTQwN3V0BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE5MzE2Njg2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTQ5NzQ0OQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNwb2xscwRzdGltZQMxMjM3NjM1MjA3> | Members <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CVCBDQuad4/members;_ylc=X3oDMTJmZGNlazJjBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE5MzE2Njg2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTQ5NzQ0OQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNtYnJzBHN0aW1lAzEyMzc2MzUyMDc-> | Calendar <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CVCBDQuad4/calendar;_ylc=X3oDMTJlZ3A1ZjM5BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE5MzE2Njg2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTQ5NzQ0OQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNjYWwEc3RpbWUDMTIzNzYzNTIwNw--> Yahoo! Groups <http://groups.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTJla2p0a2pkBF9TAzk3NDc2NTkwBGdycElkAzE5MzE2Njg2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTQ5NzQ0OQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNnZnAEc3RpbWUDMTIzNzYzNTIwNw--> Change settings via the Web <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CVCBDQuad4/join;_ylc=X3oDMTJnODBtaWdjBF9TAzk3NDc2NTkwBGdycElkAzE5MzE2Njg2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTQ5NzQ0OQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNzdG5ncwRzdGltZQMxMjM3NjM1MjA3> (Yahoo! ID required) Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest <mailto:[email protected]?subject=email%20delivery:%20Digest> | Switch format to Traditional <mailto:[email protected]?subject=change%20delivery%20format:%20Traditional> Visit Your Group <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CVCBDQuad4;_ylc=X3oDMTJlbmVtazRoBF9TAzk3NDc2NTkwBGdycElkAzE5MzE2Njg2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTQ5NzQ0OQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNocGYEc3RpbWUDMTIzNzYzNTIwNw--> | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> | Unsubscribe <mailto:[email protected]?subject=>
Recent Activity

Visit Your Group <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CVCBDQuad4;_ylc=X3oDMTJmcHZtazRtBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE5MzE2Njg2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTQ5NzQ0OQRzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2Z2hwBHN0aW1lAzEyMzc2MzUyMDc->
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good <http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylc=X3oDMTJuYjBzbjZyBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BF9wAzEEZ3JwSWQDMTkzMTY2ODYEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1NDk3NDQ5BHNlYwNuY21vZARzbGsDYnJhbmQEc3RpbWUDMTIzNzYzNTIwNw--;_ylg=1/SIG=11314uv3k/**http%3A//brand.yahoo.com/forgood>

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free! <http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylc=X3oDMTJwOHVxcHBxBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BF9wAzIEZ3JwSWQDMTkzMTY2ODYEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1NDk3NDQ5BHNlYwNuY21vZARzbGsDdG9vbGJhcgRzdGltZQMxMjM3NjM1MjA3;_ylg=1/SIG=11c6dvmk9/**http%3A//toolbar.yahoo.com/%3F.cpdl=ygrps>

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group <http://groups.yahoo.com/start;_ylc=X3oDMTJwbXNtMzBnBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BF9wAzMEZ3JwSWQDMTkzMTY2ODYEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1NDk3NDQ5BHNlYwNuY21vZARzbGsDZ3JvdXBzMgRzdGltZQMxMjM3NjM1MjA3>

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

_______________________________________________
Chat mailing list
[email protected]
http://charlesvillage.info/mailman/listinfo/chat_charlesvillage.info
archive: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/

Reply via email to