I'm guessing most people have alley pic up. I don't have an alley. My back faces vineyard lane, where cars park. One container, at present is behind my car. I know its there so I won't back into it. If not already done so I'll move it out of the gutter.I know it's my neighbor's container. Many people park on vineyard who are shopping on greenmount. This is becoming more complicated than it needs to be. The bottom line is don't throw my stuff around. I don't care where u set it so long as it is not in the gutter. judy