Hi Julian,

You wrote:

Before requesting the cert, set server-name and server-alias in
> /etc/apache/sites-available/yoursitename

In my install, there's only the default apache sites-available entries.
Installing omd and check_mk didn't create any additional entries there, nor
did it modify the defaults. The apache config that's referenced when I grep
running processes for apache is:

/omd/sites/mysite/etc/apache/apache.conf

ServerName is specified as: 127.0.0.1
and example.com is commented out (otherwise I'd try editing that to reflect
my server name, and uncommenting it).

I tried to run the letsencrypt installer anyway, hoping it would find what
it needed, but it failed.

Did you create another entry in sites-availble, or did you modify the
default install, so that one got created there, or did you do something
else entirely?

Thanks,

Marc

PS: I plan to run this internally, but we have found that let's encrypt
didn't work unless the server was available in our dmz, so we typically put
them there for the let's encrypt install, and then move them back to our
internal zone once they've been verified.