I'm running check_MK raw edition 1.2.8p11 on centos 7.2 and I had no problems:

[root@checkmktst1 ~]# systemctl status omd
‚óŹ omd.service - LSB: OMD sites
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/rc.d/init.d/omd)
   Active: active (exited) since Mon 2016-09-12 16:33:44 CEST; 1 months 1 days
ago
     Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)

Warning: Journal has been rotated since unit was started. Log output is
incomplete or unavailable.

----Messaggio originale----

Da: "Ralph Bolton" <ralph.bol...@calltracks.com>

Data: 14/10/2016 14.55

A: "checkmk-en"<checkmk-en@lists.mathias-kettner.de>

Ogg: [Check_mk (english)] Starting Checkmk/OMD Via Systemd (on Centos 7)

Hi all,

I'm running checkmk on a Centos 7 box. It's been working quite successfully for
a long time, but recently I've noticed a bit of a problem.

If you run "systemctl status omd", what actually happens is it tries to run
"/etc/rc.d/init.d/omd start". This seems to fail (because it's already
running), and so returns exit code 3, which systemd assumes means that OMD is
in error state, and so it barfs.

Anyone know if there's any effort to make Checkmk/OMD systemd-native rather
than using the old sysv scripts?

I suppose more pressingly... anyone know how to make 'systemctl status omd'
return 0 when OMD is running!?

Cheers,

...Ralph
--

Ralph Bolton

          Systems Administrator

        Calltracks
            Ltd

        Email:   ralph.bol...@calltracks.com

        Web:    www.calltracks.com

        Tel:      +44 20 3199 9000

        Fax:     +44 20 3199 9009
    High
          availability
          call monitoring, tracking and NTS services. The opinions
          expressed are those of
          the individual and not the company. Internet communications
          are not secure and
          therefore Calltracks Ltd ("the company") does not accept
          liability
          for any claims arising as a result of the use of this medium
          for transmissions
          by or to the company. This email and any files transmitted
          with it are
          confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
          hereby notified
          that any disclosure, distribution or copying of this
          communication is strictly
          prohibited. Whilst we take every reasonable precaution to
          screen out computer
          viruses from emails, attachments to the email may contain such
          viruses. We
          cannot accept liability for loss or damage resulting from such
          viruses.
          Calltracks Ltd is registered in England and Wales 6539973
          at Unit
          15, 3rd Floor, 23-28 Penn Street, London, N1 5DL