Hi all,

I am having an issue with cluster hosts checks going stale. I have a simple
cluster setup with 4 physical hosts making up the cluster, the physical hosts
are ping only and the cluster does not have an IP address. Everything work as
expected on the physical hosts in that I have a ping service and this is being
polled/updated every minute.

However, when I look at the cluster host it reports that the host is stale and
no data has been received within the last 1.5 check periods. It also reports
that the time of the next scheduled host check is in the past!....

If I manually reschedule a check of the cluster host all appears to work,
however the next scheduled host check is immediately reported as being in the
past. I'm assuming that this next scheduled check never actually occurs and
that's why in 1.5 minutes time the stale data gets reported.

Any idea when the next scheduled check is always being set in the
past?.........system clocks and timezones are fine and all other checks are
working fine, its only affecting cluster hosts that don't have an IP address.

Any help/suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

Mark Dollemore

Global Operations

mark.dollem...@man.com<mailto:mark.dollem...@man.com>

Tel +44 20 7144 3749

Mob 07762893260

[logo]

Man Group UK Limited |
Registered address: Riverbank House, 2 Swan Lane, London EC4R 3AD, United
Kingdom
Registered in England and Wales no. 5856654
Visit us at: www.man.com<http://www.man.com>

This email has been sent by a member of the Man group (“Man”). Man’s parent
company, Man Group plc, is registered in England and Wales (company number
08172396) at Riverbank House, 2 Swan  Lane, London, EC4R 3AD.
The contents of this email are for the named addressee(s) only. It contains
information which may be confidential and privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, destroy this email
and any attachments and do not otherwise disclose or use them. Email
transmission is not a secure method of communication and Man cannot accept
responsibility for the completeness or accuracy of this email or any
attachments. Whilst Man makes every effort to keep its network free from
viruses, it does not accept responsibility for any computer virus which might
be transferred by way of this email or any attachments. This email does not
constitute a request, offer, recommendation or solicitation of any kind to buy,
subscribe, sell or redeem any investment instruments or to perform other such
transactions of any kind. Man reserves the right to monitor, record and retain
all electronic and telephone communications through its network in accordance
with applicable laws and regulations.