It is also possible to set it up with an inetd.

To do this, install xinetd (using brew for example).
Copy the osx agent from $OMD_ROOT/share/check_mk/agents and install it in
/usr/bin. Copy the sample xinetd config from
$OMD_ROOT/share/check_mk/agents/cfg_examples and install it in /etc/xinetd.d.

Regards,

Evy