We use autossh to maintain connections from our master to several slaves, works
great for telcom issues, but if we reboot the slave, it comes back up and the
tunnel is re-established, but the master still shows it as a "dead" connection,
even though I can confirm the tunnel works by accessing the slave from the
master over the established ports.

if I "omd restart" on the slave, the master reconnects and all is well, "omd
restart" on the master it does not.

Here is my connect command from the master:

autossh -M 0 -o "ServerAliveInterval 30" -o "ServerAliveCountMax 3" -o
"ExitOnForwardFailure=yes" -i ZZZ -f -N -L 8003:localhost:80 -L
9003:localhost:6557 XXX@Y.Y.Y.Y

Obviously I would like not to have to log into the slave to get everything
working again on a slave reboot...

Any advice?

Thanks...

Debian 8/9 on both sides, check_mk 1.4.0p9

Steven Grzywinski

president & chief technical officer
484.433.7136
steveg@i2m.solutions

151 west marshall street . building 5 . norristown, pa 19401
phone/ fax 888.991.3814 . web i2m.solutions