Hello all,

I'd like to override the behaviour of the host site selection in WATO. The two
issues I have with the current behaviour are:

1)      I never want a local site. I'd like a random slave site (or the one
with the fewest hosts/services). Various people create new hosts and I don't
want to burden them with the logic.

2)      If you do not explicitly select the default value (i.e. by clicking the
checkbox and selecting a value in the dropdown), the choice is not persisted to
the "site" key in the "host_attributes" dictionary in hosts.mk. This means if
the default changes (e.g. changing the folder's default site), the hosts are
re-assigned to that site.

Is it even possible to override an existing attribute using the wato plugin
system?

I tried copying the existing SiteAttribute class and defining a new attribute
but I could not find a way to pre-select a value such that the site gets set in
the "host_attributes" dictionary.

Thanks.