Ok I'm maybe making progress,
I've pinpointed a possible root cause of the timeouts by "straceing"
the "check_mk.py --cache --check-discovery <host>" command
Since I'm currently experimenting, i'm currently looking for different
approach to add/remove hosts in batch.
To speed up things (as I thought :-/ ...) , I had chosen to use tree
structure of the wato folder which results in one directory per host
And It appears that "check_mk.py  --check-discovery" opens each of
those "host.mk" files, one after other and that this definitively
produce a huge stress on computing resources.

I'm going to investigate further then