I am starting to work on writing an snmp check for our HP switches to retrieve
their transceiver information.

According to the MIB and other documentation I need to send an snmp set command
before the snmp get in order to update the values or they will be stale.

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=mmr_sf-EN_US000008620

Reading the documentation on how to create snmp checks
https://mathias-kettner.de/checkmk_devel_snmpbased.html I don't see any example
of how I could add this in a check easily. Does anyone have an example or would
be willing to point me in the direction they would go about issuing the snmp
set command before the get to retrieve the transceiver info?

Thank you,

Rob

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message may contain confidential information,
including, but not limited to, student personally identifiable information.
Such information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named
above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
disclosure, copying, printing, distribution, or the taking of any action in
reliance on the contents of the information contained herein is strictly
prohibited. If you receive this e-mail message in error, please immediately
notify me by telephone at (989) 386-3851 to arrange for the return of the
original document to me. Please also delete the message from your computer.
Thank you.