My two cents.

Website performance monitoring is best done with a tool designed for that.
Something like dynatrace, uptrends etc. For a number of reasons;

Uses a real browser
Better analytics/data of each object and request
Tests executed from outside your firewall

Of course these things come at a price, so depending on how much $$ you have to
spend will influence the decision.