Thank you Andreas for replying

Below is our current set up for http checks
we created legacy_checks in /etc/check_mk/ file
Legacy check
( (
 "search.action", True), ["dcpreader"], ALL_HOSTS ),

Also defined the command in file
define command {
     command_name    check_httpurldcpsearch8080
     command_line    $USER1$/check_http -I $HOSTADDRESS$ -u $ARG1$ -p 8080 -t
25 -w 20 -c 25 -s "book results"

Se have added the tag for this http url check in conf.d files

I am trying to creating service dependencies in Nagios Core
This doesn't seem to be working
cat /usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/dependencies.cfg
define servicedependency {
service_description                     search.action
dependent_service_description           core_search_query_1
execution_failure_criteria              o
notification_failure_criteria           w,u,c

I guess my question is would this approach of having leacy checks in check_mk
and creating service dependencies in Nagios Core work
OR should I move http checks from check_mk to Nagios core
Please let me know if you need more information