Ok so I ran this agent this morning and the end of the output looks like this:

<<<omd_status>>>
mkeventd 0
rrdcached 0
npcd 0
nagios 0
apache 0
crontab 0
OVERALL 0
<<<local>>>

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn’t mrpe supposed to show up at the end?

So, even though I have followed the documentation and deposited the mrpe.cfg in
the /etc/check_mk folder, the agent isn’t picking it up… Do I need to make
Check_MK look for this file? My impression was if the file existed check_mk
would automatically include it in its processing.

Given my lack of experience with this, there is always the possibility this is
fundamentally user error..:P

Any help will be appreciated. (Really want to show my new company just how
useful Check_MK can be!)

Cheers,
               Andrew