From: checkmk-en [mailto:checkmk-en-boun...@lists.mathias-kettner.de] On Behalf
Of David Chapman
Sent: 07 March 2018 16:12
To: José Damián; checkmk-en@lists.mathias-kettner.de
Subject: Re: [Check_mk (english)] How to create graphs for local check

Q: How can I add graphs for these local checks?

A: Use the performance data field.  Instead of “-“ use "field1=123|field2=321"
to graph field1 and field2

Q: Why does this web checkMK manual page explain the right output format down
to the last detail, including the performance data, and checkMK cannot graph
those values? It is a non-ense, isn't it?

A: It is very picky and important to follow the format down to the last detail
or check_mk will not understand it.  You absolutely can graph with the
performance field.  Not non sense at all!

I have developed over 200 local scripts in our environment that utilize this
format.  It is very light weight compared to writing a native plugin/check.  I
am happy to provide input on this because there is a learning curve.

This email, including any attached files, may contain confidential and
privileged information. If you received this communication in error, please
contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.

This email has been sent by a member of the Man group (“Man”). Man’s parent
company, Man Group plc, is registered in England and Wales (company number
08172396) at Riverbank House, 2 Swan  Lane, London, EC4R 3AD.
The contents of this email are for the named addressee(s) only. It contains
information which may be confidential and privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, destroy this email
and any attachments and do not otherwise disclose or use them. Email
transmission is not a secure method of communication and Man cannot accept
responsibility for the completeness or accuracy of this email or any
attachments. Whilst Man makes every effort to keep its network free from
viruses, it does not accept responsibility for any computer virus which might
be transferred by way of this email or any attachments. This email does not
constitute a request, offer, recommendation or solicitation of any kind to buy,
subscribe, sell or redeem any investment instruments or to perform other such
transactions of any kind. Man reserves the right to monitor, record and retain
all electronic and telephone communications through its network in accordance
with applicable laws and regulations.