From: Andreas Döhler [mailto:andreas.doeh...@gmail.com]
Sent: 06 April 2018 21:13
To: Stephane C. A. Pelhatre <pelha...@unhcr.org>
Cc: checkmk-en@lists.mathias-kettner.de
Subject: Re: [Check_mk (english)] restore backup on another server

Hi Stephane,

If you only want your customization's, then the "~/local/" folder would be
enough to copy to your new instance.
Then you have a site with zero hosts and rules but with all developed checks.
To put all your changes inside one file you can use the package feature of
check_mk if your customization's are only inside check_mk.
If you have also made changes to PNP or Nagvis then the copy of local folder
would be better.

best regards
Andreas

Stephane C. A. Pelhatre <pelha...@unhcr.org<mailto:pelha...@unhcr.org>> schrieb
am Fr., 6. Apr. 2018 um 16:23 Uhr:
Hi,
I have configured Check_MK on a development server and now I want to get all
customizations on a new production server.
So I think I can use the backup/restore functionality of WATO.
It is possible to restore on a server a backup done on another one?
Of course both servers have the same Check_MK version number.
It seems that we can only do a full backup and then a full restore.
But in my case I want to restore only the customizations but not all the
measurements of the monitored hosts.
Is it possible?

Regards
Steph