Check_MK Raw v1.4.0p27 on RHEL 7.4:

There have been a number of posts over the years expressing difficulties - and
solutions - for wrapping Check_MK inside SSL. What is the current best
practice? I tried to simply throwing an Apache proxy in front, but somewhere in
the code it redirects back to http. Adding

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off
RewriteRule (.*) https://%{SERVER_NAME}%{REQUEST_URI} [NC,R,L]

to the proxy keeps everything encrypted, and if the user enters

http[s]://servername.dom/{site}/check_mk/

everything works fine, but if they only enter the

http[s]://servername.dom/

part, the pnp4nagios graphs break with the error

"ERROR: Received an unexpected response while trying to display the PNP-Graphs.
Maybe there is a problem with the authentication."

Further, if I click on a graph link it returns a 404

"The requested URL /{site}/check_mk/pnp4nagios/index.php/graph was not found on
this server."

One of the odd things about it is that things seem to behave better in the All
Hosts and Host Groups views, but behave worse if I use the Quicksearch and
click on a specific host.

For the record, I am using this with basic authentication to allow Kerberos
auth, but I have verified this issue against the default auth.conf file.

Thanks,

Logan