Hi All,

We are monitoring a couple of MSSQL instances running on Windows servers.
Now, there is a windows server on which the MSSQL has been configured with
a non-standard port.

There is an "MSSQL Instance  service check which has message:

Failed to connect to database (Login timeout expired)CRIT, Server is
running version 12.0.5000.0, Enterprise Edition: Core-based Licensing

The same error message is also visible when I telnet to the windows host on
6556.
Also, I cannot telnet to that non standard port of the MSSQL instance from
the checkmk monitoring server.

Has anybody faced this issue? Could this be a firewall issue related to the
connectivity between the monitoring server and the non-standard port or
something else?

Regards,
Marco