That's very strange, it works well for me with the JAX-RS
implementation from CXF 2.2.2 (used in unit tests), but apparently
your JAX-RS implementation (which is it?) fails. And I just tested
with RESTEasy 1.0.2 and it fails as well.

I'll investigate -- but you're right this must have something to do
with the path percent-decoding.

Florent