Hi Jens,
I see the wiki actually as more developers/design documentation while I see the comprehensive and structured documentation as perfect fit for the Maven site capabilities.

That would automatically generate a default documentation site (with selected reports) per every module + every custom documentation page you write in the src/site folder of that module.

What do also the others think?

Ciao!
Gab