I'm currently writing a cmis client, and opted to take advantage of the
chemistry api as it has greatly eased development.  Since then I've noticed the
addition of OpenCMIS and seen a good deal of activity around it.  It may be far
too early to tell, but is there any idea which client side api the eventual
Chemistry will most resemble?  The application I am working on is small, and
refactoring to accommodate changes in the higher level api seem preferable to
working directly with CMIS.
'Too early to tell' is a perfectly acceptable answer.

Any suggestions/recommendations are appreciated,
Lennard Fuller