From: Goetz, Paul [mailto:paul.go...@sap.com]
Sent: Montag, 3. Mai 2010 14:51
To: chemistry-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: OpenCMIS release check list

Hi Gabriele,

sorry if the illustration might have caused some misunderstanding:
About step [1]: I didn't meant that there is a need for wget - it's just to
illustrate how a browser would retrieve the documentation. This and Step [2] is
part of the Apache infrastructure anyway, so nothing to do about it.
All we need to do on project side is to define how
/www/incubator.apache.org/chemistry is populated on minotaur.

There, we have three options:
- get content by a plain SVN checkout (step [3])
- get content generated from Maven (steps [6]/[7])
- get content edited in Confluence (steps [9]/[10])

We discussed that in the F2F - see Florian's mail "More F2F Notes" from
2010/04/14:
 ---8<---
Chemistry web site:
* We would like to make an exported version of the Confluence Wiki the main
Chemistry web site.
--->8---

So my understanding was, that we combine the three options as follows:
- Static content (like landing page, icons, stylesheets) goes to SVN ([4]/[3])
- Manually edited content (the documentation) goes to Confluence ([8]/[9]/[10])
- Automated reports are still generated by Maven where applicable ([5]/[6]/[7])

If I got it right, you're suggesting to rethink that proposal and use Maven
also for edited content (moving the Confluence content to Maven).

So I will raise this question: Ok to use Confluence as "editing system", or
should we go for Maven sites?

I would prefer Confluence:
1. Others (e.g. Apache CXF and Apache Tuscany) do it that way, too.
2. It can be easily automated (autoexport-plugin already set up, [9] simply
requires a velocity template to be defined (in progress), [10] then becomes a
copy operation).
3. It seems to be flexible enough to cover also non-Maven-built projects.

What do you think?

Best regards,
Paul