Hi all,

Below are the notes from April 2021 edition

This meetup took place online on Jitsi. Mr VijayKumar hosted the meetup.

*Introduction*

   - Mr Vijay Kumar informed all about the objectives of the meetup. What
   is and what is not.
   - He also emphasized that it's ok to not know everything from the talk,
   take notes and discuss it later.

*Talks*

*Contribution to Open Source By Ramya Govind*

   - This was Ramya's first talk and very well delivered.
   - She started with the definition of Open Source and 8 steps process to
   contribute to projects/repository.
   - Then we had a walk through of how she got a PR merged and what was the
   journey.
   - In the end, she reminded us that Hacktoberfest 2021 should be on our
   watch list especially for first timers.

*Power of PyTest Fixtures By Kamesh*

   - Kamesh started with recalling Nose tests in python, how it outdated
   and not much actively maintained.
   - Then had an introduction to PyTest. He quickly dived into the codebase
   of his flask app, where he showed how Pytests are written and what role
   fixtures play.
   - He then demonstrated reuse of fixtures with a DB example. Furthermore,
   fixture and Pytest parameterization for exhaustive functional tests.
   -
   - In the end Vijay Kumar commented on hacks of Pytests and a great place
   to get started.

*Motion Controller with the Microbit By Vijay Kumar*

   - Vijay started with motivation for the talk. Quality family time and
   fitness is important especially during Corona. There are alternatives in
   the market such as ring con from Nintendo. But building stuff from scratch
   is more fun.
   -
   - Micro bit is perfect to get started for such projects. It has
   bluetooth to connect to the computer and sensors.
   -
   - Vijay then showed how he used Microbit in 3 different ways in videos.
   He used Chrome's Offline Dino game to pair with Microbit. He used button
   clicks to jump the dino. In another way there was an accelerometer via
   squatting(my favorite) to make dino jump.
   -
   - During QA, Gaurav asked about multiplayer usage and advanced sensors
   and Vijay replied "We can do a lot and only limited by imagination". :)

*Luigi for automated data pipeline By Sundara Raman Narayanan*

   - Sundara started the talk by showing a task flow pipeline that he will
   achieve via Luigi. Luigi is a python package to build complex pipelines.
   -
   - He then showed the relevant code for the pipeline. The pipeline was
   related to stock price prediction and how he used Yahoo finance APIs
   smartly to get reports.
   -
   - In QA, there were questions on reliability of Yahoo APIs, cleaned
   data, closed and adjusted closed metrics. Questions were answered very well
   by Sundara.

Last but not the least.
*Introduction to Regular Expressions By Godson*

Godson started with introduction to Regex and where we use Regex.
He then quickly divided into different components of Regex. And there was
good discussion on Metacharacters in Regex. All things about Meta
characters.

Then he showed some demos using python code. In the end there was exercise
for the audience, which was fun.

*Closing Note:*
After all the talks, Vijay concluded the meetup with closing remarks and
thanked "Audience and speakers".

*Personal note:*
---
It was quite nostalgic to attend ChennaiPy online from Amsterdam. It took
me back to the memory lane of Chennai and how talks were held at IMSc,
Ramanujan auditorium on Saturday afternoon.

It was great to hear Vijay's soothing voice again. I am still surprised
that Vijay hasn't run out of talks, just kidding.

I really liked how talks were kept short to 10 mins and quality was top
notch. "Never Change ChennaiPy". Great community.

Thanks again.
Cheers
P.S: Sorry for the delay in sending out the meeting minutes

Regards
Gaurav Sehrawat
Twitter <https://twitter.com/Root3d>
Github <https://github.com/igauravsehrawat>