Aleksandar Lazic wrote:

> today I have make cherokee on a solaris 11 maschine:
>
> ---uname -a
> SunOS sol-expr 5.11 snv_40 i86pc i386 i86pc
> ---
>
> and I got this output:
>
> ---
> Polling method 1      poll
> Polling method 2      port
> Polling method 3      select
> ---
>
> Why isn't port the preferd methode on solaris 10/11?!

  Yeah, I do know it's kind of weird. At the very beginning the event
  port had preference over the rest, but I changed it when I realized
  that poll has a better performance.

  It seems that the event ports mechanism has many advantages, though
  performance is not one of its priority goals.

  Anyway, if you want to force Cherokee to use the event ports polling
  method, just add "PollMethod ports" in your configuration file.

> Do you know about this issue?!
> http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-26-102485-1

  It is not a big deal, as the bug report explains, there are a couple
  of patches that fix it out: 118833-12 and 118855-10.

--
Greetings, alo.
http://www.alobbs.com