Manuel Arostegui Ramirez wrote:

Hi eric.
Gunnar Wolf is nowdays the maintainer of cherokee deb packages, maybe you could write him in order to solve any problem you're having with Cherokee packages.

By the way...which dependency problem have you found when you tried to install cherokee?

I wish I could tell you but unfortunately, I have lost the scrollback
buffer.

I know there was one dependency problem with gnutls libraries (revision
differences) and I believe there were one or two more.  The problem I
had with chasing all those dependencies was that it altered the baseline
system more than I was comfortable with.  For example, let's say there
is a security update for gnutls.  Since I downloaded and installed the
deb files with dpkg, I would never see the update and more likely,
gnutls would be overwritten with the security update from ubuntu.

Anyway, it was setting me up for a maintenance headache that I just
don't need.

And no, making debian one of the repositories is not a acceptable.
Every time I have done it, I have ended up reinstalling the system
within a very short time.  Which is why I want to build the packages on
and for specific ubuntu releases.  Shortest easiest path for the less
astute user will make it easier to adopt Cherokee instead of Apache

---eric