Matt Medeiros wrote:

> Greetings to all on the list.
>
> I've just completed a source/compile/install of cherokee and it was
> quite painless. I built it on a old Sun RaQ2 running Debian-Mips. It
> only has 48MB of useable RAM. I'm wondering how performance would be
> with Cherokee versus lighttpd? Are there any benchmarks yet for the web
> server comparing the two?

There is no secret, lighttpd is much more mature and
noticeably faster (+30% - +60%) than Cherokee,
at least when serving static content.

On the other side Cherokee may scale better
on multicpu / multicore machines and under some tests / conditions
(just set thread_number to 5 or more).

Here we are talking about tens of thousands of requests - responses
per second, so I doubt you can notice big differences
on an old machine with low or medium web traffic.

In conclusion, even if netcraft statistics show an abyss
between lighttpd and Cherokee, it's good to know
that Cherokee is going to improve a lot in the next year.

--
Nick Name:     A.D.F.
E-Mail:        <adefacc () tin ! it>