Hello,

I'd like to know if it is possible to use the "htdigest" method to 
authenticate a client with the 0.5.6 version of cherokee ?

Here is my cherokee.conf file :

**********************************************************************
Port 80
IPv6 Off

User nobody
Group nogroup

Chroot /var/www/html

Timeout 60

KeepAlive On

MaxKeepAliveRequests 500

ServerTokens Full

Encoder gzip {
    Allow html, htm, txt
    Deny jpg, png, gz, php
}

PidFile /var/run/cherokee.pid

Icons /etc/cherokee/icons.conf

MimeFile /etc/cherokee/mime.types
MimeFile /etc/cherokee/mime.compression.types

Include /etc/cherokee/advanced.conf

Include /etc/cherokee/mods-enabled

Include /etc/cherokee/sites-enabled

**********************************************************************

I have a "default" file under the "/etc/cherokee/sites-enabled" 
directory. Here is its contents :

**********************************************************************
DirectoryIndex index.html

Directory / {
     Handler common
         Auth Digest {
                 Method htdigest {
                         PasswdFile /httppasswd
                 }
         }
}

Log combined {
     AccessLog /var/log/cherokee.html.access
     ErrorLog  /var/log/cherokee.html.error
}

Directory /cgi-bin {
   DocumentRoot /mnt/applications/bin/cgi-bin/
   Handler cgi
}
**********************************************************************
This "cherokee" server is chrooted. So the "/httppaswd" file refers to 
the "/var/www/html/httppaswd" file.
When I try to connect to my cherokee server I obtain a 401 error :

*** 401 Authorization Required
*** This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the 
*** document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., 
*** bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the 
*** credentials required.

*** Cherokee web server 0.5.6 Port 80

Thanks by advance for replying.

Fred


(Sorry for my English which is very bad ;-))
_______________________________________________
Cherokee mailing list
[email protected]
http://cherokee-project.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/cherokee

Reply via email to