Hey all,
I am
trying to help a friend find a little history on a car that was turned
into a race
car that the Late Neil Bonnett once drove. It's a 1964
Chevelle and it still
carried the data plate on the firewall. The
car was raced in the Nascar Late
Model Sportsman Division in 1972. The car
is currently in the International
Motorsports Museum at Talladega Motor
Speedway.
This is the data plate
CHEVROLET OW, GENERAL MOTORS
CORP.
060
DETROIT, MICHIGAN
STYLE
64-5637 AT-012560 Body
TRIM 739
916
PAINT
ACC. 2S
5
(looks like it was stamped by hand)
THIS CAR FINISHED WITH
MAGIC MIRROR ACRYLIC LAQOUER
BODY BY FISHER
I can
tell this car was Daytona Blue with Blue Vinyl Interior. The body style
5637
5637 decodes to a Malibu 2-door sport coupe,
5 passenger
is not on your informaiton pages. I am
not sure how much of the car is
left original. Original left on car is the
stock bucket seat, dash, frame
body with some modifications. The car is
currently white with black stripes.
Any help is appreciated so I can put a
little history behind the car.
Thanks
Donnie