Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Paul -
Sounds like you have a very radical setup there, so if you plan on doing
a fair amount of racing with the car I would go with a full 3" system. If
you plan on doing mostly street driving, then the 2.5" system would be
adequate. Keep in mind that, muffler for muffler, the larger pipes will be
louder and resonate more than smaller pipes. I have a full 3" system on my
'71 with 70-series Flowmasters (their quietest muffler), and the mellow sound
is just right for me. I've heard the Delta Flows on other cars and they
sounded good, so I'm sure they would sound good on your car. I have the T/A
3" tailpipes on my car, and they fit great with plenty of clearance - more
clearance than the 2.5" Dynomax tailpipes I used to have! Go figure, right?
Good luck with your project!
Cliff Klimas Hamilton, NJ (home of the anthrax-contaminated Post Office!)
'71 Chevelle (427 SBC project ongoing)
'88 CSC (daily driver)
> I have a question regarding exhaust systems.
>
> The Flow Masters 2.5 bolt on kit, the TA 3.0 bolt on kit, torque tech 3.0
> or 3.5 bolt on kit
> Which would be the best for everyday street driving and which is the most
> difficult to install?
> the muffler options are Dynomax and Flow Master Delta Force. whats the
> better choice of muffler
>
> 355 camel humps,p&p,2.05-1.6/ 11.01comp./ 305 hyd. cam,1.6's/850 demon
-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]