Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
------------------------------------------------------------


[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>PS. A few months back I passed on a nice 66SS Hood because the price was more than I 
>thought this hood should be >selling for at this time. This wait landed me an
>extremely nice solid straight mud free hood with scoops and chrome inserts for 175.00 
>less than the earlier hood >mentioned. Let say I was damn happy! 
>SEEK and YE SHALL FIND!!!! 

Like I said, "ya win some, ya lose some".  :-)

I fell in between your definition of "haves" and "have nots".   I've had
my Chevelle for 16 or 17 years, but have been restoring it for 6 years
now.  I "have" a lot of parts, but evidently I "have not" nearly $20k
worth of stuff!  :-)

Having stretched this project out for so many years, I've been able to
patient and find the good deals over the years.
The worst time to buy something is when you want it "now".   

take care,

> 
> Michael,
> 
> I understand were you are coming from in your last response. I see the
> great Chevelle ownership restoration life as a two type class of
> people. The folks that were wise and started collecting all the parts,
> cars, etc., years ago.  Then their are folks that stepped away for a
> variety of life's reasons from the muscle car ownership for several
> years only to return to their youth.  Most of the "have" folks are or
> have been setting on this stuff for their personal projects, cars,
> etc. Then the "have not" folks like some of us are paying more to get
> these parts from "some" of the "have" Chevelle owners and were ever
> else we can find them.
> 
> I have concluded for myself that if I don't occasionally take it in
> the shorts a little someone else will gladly spend the money to get a
> part they are wanting for their cars or projects. So, if I somewhat
> don't agree to a price that would leave me and others like myself
> still looking for a rare or hard to find part forever. Especially
> since the original GM parts are becoming harder to locate each day
> that we wait.
> 
> I would hate to think I have bought a 900.00 toilet seat like my
> government. But then maybe I have to some degree paid more than I
> originally wanted but at a price I was willing to live with.  I take
> the part home and move forward knowing I can begin looking for
> something else that I need or want.  To all of us, lets keep looking
> and hopefully all of us will get great deals on all of our finds and
> purchases.  OK, my ramble is over. Time to go watch some college
> football.
> 
> PS. A few months back I passed on a nice 66SS Hood because the price
> was more than I thought this hood should be selling for at this time.
> This wait landed me an extremely nice solid straight mud free hood
> with scoops and chrome inserts for 175.00 less than the earlier hood
> mentioned. Let say I was damn happy!
> SEEK and YE SHALL FIND!!!!
> 
> Dwaine
> 66SS

-- 
Check out my webpage at http://www.ProStreetCar.com
and my For Sale page at http://www.ProStreetCar.com/classifieds.html
Team Chevelle membership #178 (Gold)
Time Flies: "It's funny how you can watch a clock and time seems to
stand still.  But turn away, and you have to measure time with a
calendar rather than a clock."  mjp

-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to