Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
------------------------------------------------------------

I don't have any experience with Eastwood products, so I can't compare
them, but I can say that when we redid our 69 SS wheels a couple of years
ago, we used the Krylon Dull Aluminum and smie-flat black & the wheels
came out fine.

        Jim -69-SS396- H.

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001 13:04:46 -0400 "John Nasta" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
writes:
>
>Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
>------------------------------------------------------------
>
>The popular rumor is that all of Eastwood's paints are made by another
>company and Eastwood just slaps their label and price on them. I have 
>a
>friend who lives in PA and knows somebody who works for Eastwood. 
>According
>to that guy, you can buy the same exact paints at Pep Boys for less 
>than
>half the price.
>
>Also, it took 5 of the large cans of Eastwood's satin wheel black to 
>cover 4
>steel wheels of mine. I didn't seem to cover well at all, it 
>spattered, and
>one of the valves clogged while I was spraying. So, I personally can't 
>speak
>too highly of Eastwood paints. I think Krylon is a much better paint 
>as long
>as you can match the color. Every car guy who has tried it seems to 
>agree
>that Krylon Dull Aluminum is a perfect match for GM Argent Silver, and 
>I'm
>sure Krylon semi-flat black is just as good a color match as 
>Eastwood's
>Satin Wheel Black.
>
>JMO
>
>
>-----Original Message-----
>Eastwood also sells the exact match paints and a special clear coat, i 
>did
>my
>70 SS rims with it and it turned out great
>
>
>-----------------------------------------------------
>To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
>To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

________________________________________________________________
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less!
Join Juno today!  For your FREE software, visit:
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.

-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to