I agree 100% with Herb. If you have to cut more than one coil,you have the
wrong spring. At the moment,my 69 El Camino has stock big block springs
w/two cut coils and it rides & handles like crap. Looks good,though.<g>
Clint Hooper
H&H Custom,owner
LT5 Registry Director
http://www.LT5Registry.net/
ACES #1650
http://dalesplace.com/misc/friends/clint_hooper.htm
----- Original Message -----
From: Herb Lumpp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hi Bob,
> The best method is with a hack saw because of the minimal heat generated,
> unless of course you have a bionic arm!  In all honesty, the best thing to
> do would be to get a set of springs that designed to lower the car.
Cutting
> coils is a hit or miss deal and once the coil is cut the spring rate
changes
> so you won't know what you have until after you go through all the trouble
> of removing the springs, cutting them, and then reinstalling them.
>
> Back in my early years, I had a 67 Camaro and I wanted to lower it.  I
> pulled the coils, cut 1 coil off, then thought to myself, "What if it's
not
> low enough?" so naturally, I went ahead and cut another 1.5 coils off just
> to be safe.  Needless to say, it ended up being on the ground.  The front
> crossmember was about an inch off the pavement.  It looked cool as hell
but
> rode like a piece of crap.  Whatever you decide to do, just be
conservative.
>
> Herb Lumpp
> http://users.adelphia.net/~hlump/


_______________________________________________
Chevelle-list mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://chevelles.net/mailman/listinfo/chevelle-list_chevelles.net

Reply via email to