Just a thought, you may want to include a list of those businesses to avoid,
as well.  There are several enthusiasts that have been swindled out of their
hard earned cash (John Nasta) by incompetant business owners.  I for one
would like to know which shop to avoid, as well as which ones are
recommended.  Not that there are going to be a lot of inputs for Alaska!
;-)  Don't get me wrong, though, I think it's a great idea.

SARGE



-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2003 9:46 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Chevelle-list] Looking for Business recommendations (please read)


One of the biggest requests I get via email is for recommendations where can
I get good work done at a reasonable price... or who would I recommend to do
work in a particular area, or where can I get a good deal on parts.  

I will be creating an area on our website that will be Businesses
recommended by Chevelle Enthusiasts that will cover the entire U.S.
Businesses will be listed by state and category.  I will also post comments
by the submitting party, as long as they are GOOD comments.  NO comments, NO
addition to the list.  In addition, you will not be able to submit your own
business for the listing... it has to be done by another person.  Once we
get enough inputs, maybe it will become a searchable database (future plan).

If you have anyone you would like to see on the list, please send me an
email with the following information:

Category  - (Engine, Transmission, Rears, Paint/Bodywork, Full Restoration,
Chroming, Upholstery, Parts, General Mechanical, Other)

Business Name

Point of contact (POC)

Complete Address

Phone number (including Area Code)

A brief description of what they do... if in the other category

PLEASE NOTE:  Include a personal comment to be posted along with the
business.  If you would not PERSONALLY recommend this business, i.e. have
experience in dealing with them (not hear say), then do NOT submit their
information.  YOUR name will be listed as the reference.

Not every one of us may have had a GREAT experience with every single
business listed.  Therefore, I simply will not list any companies or
individuals that are submitted with negative comments.  This is because I do
not want any hassles from those companies or individuals about have
"negative or slanderous" comments about them on the website.  IF I receive
more than 2 or 3 negatives against a particular company that first makes the
list, I will just remove them from the site.  If you are a business that
made the list and was later removed, then you can contact me to see why.

A typical entry will look something like this

Maryland

General Mechanical

Bob's Automotive Racing
POC - Bob Wilcox
2510 Pfefferkorn Road
West Friendship, MD 21794-9420
301-785-1428

Comments - Bob does General Mechanical work (just about anything you can
think of) at a fair price.  Top Notch work!  Bob is also a local supplier
for rear axles (Moser/Strange, etc...) and Jet Hot headers

Recommended by Donnie Gates, President, Maryland Chevelle Club


As the list evolves, I may add more categories for ease of use.  I will
gather this info for the next couple of weeks and will put them up on the
website as soon as enough information is received to warrant so.

Thanks for your participation.

Donnie Gates
President
Maryland Chevelle Club

Reply via email to