Cool Charles,

Congratulations with your new engine !
Let us know how it procedes.

Andr�

> Well, I went and did it.  I bought a 502ci, 450hp 550tq Crate engine
> tonight.  A guy had bought it to put in a '75 Camaro, then lost interest.
> It has never been run.  The only thing done to the engine is the addition of
> a high volume oil pump and a 7qt Miloden oil pan.  Here is the link to the
> conservative dyno numbers:
> http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/perfparts/images/parts/pdf/12568778.pdf
> 
> I think my '65 will be really fun with this engine *grin*.  It's the perfect
> sleeper setup.  Black wrinkle valve covers with no distinguising marks.  I
> also bought the MSD billet Distributor, timing control, and 6a Ignition
> system he had for it (only the 6a was used, everything else new in the box).
> I already have a 750 holley sitting on the shelf to feed fuel to this bad
> boy.  Now I need to research electric fuel pumps.  I know next to nothing
> about what gph and psi I need for something like this.
>
> Now to try and mount this thing in the next few weeks.   I plan on painting
> it orange, and modifying a set of headers to fit.  I've been told that
> there's some slight grinding that needs to be done to the flanges to fit
> properly.
>
> Well, I'm going to try and go sleep tonight, which I doubt I can do.
>
> Later
> Charles
> www.65ss.com
>
>
>


Reply via email to