When I was removing the bolts from the transmission I noticed a place to hook up a wire by the tranny lines. Did the 350 turbo come with a lock up torque or something?

Nope, no lock up converter, but it did have a solenoid for the kick down operation.  It's activated by a switch on the accelerator pedal through (I think)an orange wire connected to the solenoid.  When you floor it, current is sent to the solenoid that kicks it down into 2nd gear (AKA "passing gear").
BTW, I don't think any '68s came with a TH350, they either had a Powerglide or the TH400.  If your car was originally a 4 speed or Powerglide, the switch and wire won't be there.

 I don't know what wire you would hook to  it.

Look for an orange wire coming out of the firewall just below the wiper motor.          

 I also don't know what year the transmission is but it does have a drain plug?????


Nope, you have to drop the pan to change the fluid.

BL

Reply via email to