Same situ on my 65. I didn't build it originally but the power front disc brakes are off a later olds set-up, 70 I think, and I've got the same grease fitting problem. Take out the plugs, put in the fitting, grease, take out the fitting and plug it up til next time.
Phil G. 65 SS In a message dated 7/25/2004 8:48:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "65ss.com" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes: >Today I finally finished installing the suspension in my '65. �Two things bug me. � >The drag link is VERY close to the frame. �I think there is maybe a 1/16 inch >clearance. �Also, the grease zerts for the inner tie rod ends hit the frame when >turning. �I looked on my old drag link, and someone had put small caps in the holes. >�So I greased the zerts, then put the old caps on the new tie rods which solved the >hitting issue. �Does anyone else have this tight of tolerances? �I did upgrade to '71 >brakes, and spindles, but this should not have affected the drag link position. > >Any comments appreciated. >Charles >------------------------------------------------------------------- >Check out my 502 powered '65 Malibu Super Sport Project >http://www.65ss.com > -- Phil G. 65 SS

