According to Moretec.com, they came on '71 LT1 350 330hp. I'm sure they probably came on others as well, though. I have a set of these myself, and they were on '71 LT1 just like moretec says. I now have them on a 400sb and they are a great stock casting, in my opinion. I'm sure someone on this list can tell you more.

 Brian '71 Malibu

From: Burgermeister Meisterburger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Reply-To: The Chevelle Mailing List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Chevelle-list] 487 heads
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 07:01:08 CDT

I have a 1971 SBC 350 coded CGC, which according to my MSA-1 book is a
2-barrel engine rated at 245 HP (as best I can remember this morning).
The engine had 1971 487 heads that I've since removed for inspection.
They have the 1.94/1.5 valves and my understanding is that the 487 is
somewhat of a performance head, so it strikes me as kind of odd that
it'd be used for a 2-barrel application (unless the info in the book
is incorrect).

Does anyone have any information about this particular casting?  I have
a 1989 Circle Track article in which a long time CompCams employee rates
the 487 at #7 on his top 10 list, but that's it.  Thanks!

Brad O.


_________________________________________________________________
FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar � get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/





Reply via email to