Jim, What's important is that both side tracks can fully travel. Bolt the seat mount plate to the inboard side of each seat. Drop the seat in place and start the existing bolts to the floor pan. Now slide to inboard mount back and forward to determine where it should mount so that it both fits the floor and allows good travel. Use a sharpy to mark the mount location. Remove it from the seat and weld at your marks. Repeat for the other side. You will find that the bracket kind of "finds" it's mounting position. Mike Holleman
----- Original Message ----- From: "J. Brady" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "The Chevelle Mailing List" <[email protected]> Sent: Monday, April 11, 2005 9:41 AM Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] bucket seat tracks > Hi Gene, > > I used a pair that I got from OPG or one of those guys > some time back when I put them in, and they already > had the studs mounted in them. I don't remember there > being a specific location for them being apparent on > the floor- However, my car originally came w/a bench > seat. > > Any help would be greatly appreciated. > > Regards, > > Jim > > --- Gene's General Restoration Parts > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > Hi, > > Are you using the factory style mounting bracket > > that welds to the floor > > pan? They are formed to fit the floor in the correct > > spots and are cheap > > compared to the time it takes to make some from > > scratch. > > > > Thanks, > > Gene Smith > > a.k.a. usa1chevelleguy > > > > Visit my Home Page or eBay Store for deals on > > restoration parts from Gene's > > General Store > > www.genesgeneralrestorationparts.com or Toll > > Free 866-347-2181 > > Mon. - Fri. 8a.m. - 6p.m. EST > > Closed Weekends > > FAX 260-495-9240 > > > > > > > > ----- Original Message ----- > > From: "J. Brady" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > > To: "Chevelle Group" <[email protected]> > > Sent: Monday, April 11, 2005 7:52 AM > > Subject: [Chevelle-list] bucket seat tracks > > > > > > > Hi guys- > > > > > > When I installed my bucket seats in my '66, I > > thought > > > the tracks were supposed to be parallel and at the > > > same location- Here's how I installed the seats: > > > > > > I I > > > I I > > > I I > > > > > > However, after installing them, I found out they > > are > > > actually supposed to be offset, like this: > > > > > > I > > > I I > > > I I > > > I > > > > > > My question is, can someone tell me how much > > further > > > forward the one track should be from the other? > > I'm > > > off today, and plan to work on them while I'm > > home. > > > > > > Thanks, > > > > > > Jim > > > > > > > > > > > > '59 Corvette #5366 > > > 1959 Corvette Registry, Webmaster > > > http://59vette.cjb.net > > > > > > > > > > > > __________________________________ > > > Do you Yahoo!? > > > Yahoo! Small Business - Try our new resources > > site! > > > http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/resources/ > > > > > > > > > > > > > __________________________________ > Do you Yahoo!? > Yahoo! Small Business - Try our new resources site! > http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/resources/ >

