Hi All,
 I am working on my 69 Chevelle Malibu wich has officially spiriled out of control and has become a frame off. All is painted on the frame and the body is about ready to go back on. The problem I have is the rear axle. It is an open 10 bolt and while I have a '66 12 bolt in storage it is buried deep and I am not sure if I am keeping this car forever so I would rather save the 12 bolt for when I rebuild my Dad's 67 138 car. I was going to use the 10 bolt for the time being and change to something else later but when I went to change the pinion seal I found the bearing and race to be really bad so I have to do something...
 
 What I am asking is has anyone on the list taken the time to build up a 10 bolt? I am thinking of adding posi, and one of those aluminum covers with the preload bolts in it. I can live with the c-clips for now but at least want posi. I am running a rather healthy 383 with a TH350 and I like to run the gears from time to time. Has anyone done this? I really am running out of money and didn't want to cross this bridge for another year or so but it won't wait.
 
Thanks!
Gene

Reply via email to