Back in fall of 64 at York US 30 Dragway in PA I saw Malcom Durham match race Ronnie Sox. Malcom was in a 65 Chevelle, I think it was Strip Blazer III, and Sox was in a Comet or a Mopar. I forget because I was focused on the Chevelle. Sox won the first round. Malcom blew him away on the second round & sucked a valve going through the lights. Match race over for the night. I've been hooked on 65's ever since! The following April I ordered an L-79 4speed SS. I'm on my 4th one today. Phil G. Old fart too.
Phil G. 65 SS
-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Haggard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: The Chevelle Mailing List <[email protected]>
Sent: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 21:48:21 -0400
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Back in the Day
When I was in the Air Force (66-70) a friend had a red Chevelle SS with 396/350hp. It was a beautiful car and what I always remember was he liked to shift when the valves would float. I was amazed that it stayed together since a high school friend had a 63 Impalla (1963) with 409/425hp that would float the valves when he missed a shift and it would usually end up back at the Chevy dealer to replace bent pushrods and other assorted parts. Bob Haggard - old fart > > From: Bob Fisher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > Date: 2005/10/12 Wed PM 04:25:42 EDT > To: [email protected] > Subject: [Chevelle-list] Back in the Day > > Reminisicing at the tender age of 17 working in the local burger joint and working the night shift when the night porter Pee Wee drove up with his new 1969 Chevelle SS , Black with Red interior and red stripes, with 396-375 and four on the floor with eyebrows on the headlights?? > > > --------------------------------- > Yahoo! Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free. >

